Wednesday, January 6, 2016

May the warmth be with you...

So, my five year old has been on a Star Wars kick lately (just like the rest of the world.) Christmas this year was all things Star Wars - action figures, lightsabers, Jedi jammies, the whole shebang! We splurged and bought him all six of the movies, and he's been watching them constantly. I really thought they were going to be a bit too complicated for him to grasp. It's a pretty twisty plot, and even I had to watch them a few times to really "get it". It has taken him a few times of re-watching the films to really understand the plot, but it's fun to watch his little wheels turn as we try to explain what's going on to him.
Anyway! We were watching Revenge of the Sith and he turned to me and said "mommy, Anakin turned to the dark side because he was cold, and didn't have anyone to make him warm scarfs and hats." I'm sure this was brought on by the recent cold weather we've had, as he's been sporting his handmade scarf and hat this year. So, I told him I'd whip up something for his Jedi. He had a great time setting up the figures with me, and now his action figures are all set for the winter weather.

If you're getting any of this cold winter weather, well, - May the warmth be with you.



For my knitterly friends - these teeny tiny scarves were soooo basic. It's just some Loops and Threads woollike yarn (lace weight) that I had leftover. I knit a 3-stitch I-cord on size 1 needles, and knit until the length looked about right. Then I "killed" the acrylic with the iron so they would lay flat. All three scarves together took about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment