Thursday, December 31, 2015

HOTN - Soft Snow Socks!

I finished up my December Knit-Along socks just in the nick of time! These are part of a monthly knit-along I participated in with the Facebook group Knit & Chat. It really is a fantastic group of knitters who are super helpful with questions, showing of our stuff, and general knitting chatter. For December, we were to complete a pair of socks that represented winter.

The pattern name - soft snow socks - speaks for itself about winter. The yarn is a Malabrigo base that I hand-dyed myself in the kitchen. It was my first go at trying to dye a gradient - and obviously I've got some practice to so. Those lines are not a soft gradient in the least! And my dye job must have been off because I had to cut the yarn to make the stripes on the pair line up. But I'm still pretty please with how the pair turned out. The darkest color is a deep green, with just a hint of blue that reminds me of a Blue Spruce Christmas tree. It then move to a lighter green, into mint, into soft gray and ends with a dark steely gray.



No comments:

Post a Comment