Saturday, January 30, 2016

Baby Jack's Pinwheel Blanket

I just finished up this super cute blanket for my nephew coming this spring! This darling pinwheel blanket is a super basic pattern, but I love love love how customizable it is. It really is one of my favorite patterns. It's miles and miles of straight stockinette stitch, which some people find boring, but personally I find it relaxing. It's great to pick up my project and just knit away without much brainpower. And it's the perfect TV marathon project. (BTW, my Amazon video series for this one was Vikings. Highly recommend!)




For baby Jack's blanket, I strayed from traditional baby colors and went with a much more modern color scheme. And I love the way it turned out. It's black, medium gray, and a pretty Robin's Egg blue. The yarn for this project is Caron Simply Soft. While I can be a bit of a yarn snob (cashmere, anyone?), I love Simply Soft for baby blankets. It's got nice drape, super soft, and the color options are pretty much endless. And machine wash and dry - a must for any baby project.


This blanket goes along with Elijah the Elephant project I completed just a couple weeks ago. One baby set down, one to go! Next up, and orange and white set for my niece/nephew coming this summer.








No comments:

Post a Comment