Saturday, May 7, 2016

HOTN -Briochealicious

Remember that New Year's Resolutions lists - well, check, check, and check! I am feeling like one seriously accomplished knitter after knocking this baby off my list. I've been dying to learn two-color brioche since I saw it for the first time last year. It's just so pretty and squishy and I want to wrap myself up in it. And fortunately, with this shawl, I can do just that. This baby turned out huge, with barely any blocking.
This was the perfect pattern to learn brioche on. The sections of garter stitch gave my brain a break from the more challenging brioche sections. It was a really nice balance. I will say that two-color brioche is sloooooow knitting. It's the same idea as double-knitting, where there are actually 2 "stitches" for eery stitch, so it takes about twice as long as plain knitting. At first I didn't mind, but I was losing patience during that last section of brioche.
Gah! Would you look at those awesome colors in the Zarzamora!
I used Malabrigo sock in Zarzamora, and Knit Picks Capretta in Platinum. I had actually ordered the Capretta a few months ago for a different shawl, but when it arrived, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind. So into the stash it went. I was so happy when it worked out for this Briochelicious shawl. It's so soft and has just enough of a halo for this project. I wore it right away, and my son wouldn't stop petting me. I'm thinking I'll have to make him a sweater in the Capretta.
(left) "Right Side"   (Right) "Wrong" Side.


While the two-color brioche was a big goal knocked off my resolutions list, I have managed to fail completely at knitting from stash only. Whoops! But Love Knitting was having a huge sale, and any knitter that can say no to that must have superpowers. So, I splurged, and got 4 skeins of Madelintosh sock. Mmmmmm... drool. I love Madtosh. I grabbed 2 of Steam Age, 1 Turquoise, and 1 Astrid Gray. I have no idea what they're going to become, so they're getting stashed.
I'm weak. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment